Wednesday, May 30, 2007

What's that in your mouth??!!!

As a parent there are several phrases you find your self saying. One such phrase that I know I will hear and say from here until the boys are off to college is, "What's that in your mouth?" Well that phrase took on a good turn this evening as I heard Lisa calling from the other room for me to come quick and look. As I went into the room and looked into my smiling boys mouth there it was, forcing it's way through, Kyler's first tooth.

For once the phrase "What's that in your mouth?" was able to be uttered without fear of chocking or just total disgust. Finally a positive spin on a phrase that will be uttered for many more years in the most unpositive of situations. I hope one day I can find a positive situation to say, "Take that diaper off your head and put it back on your brother.", probably not.

Well it won't be long and we'll start to hear the gnashing of teeth at our dinner table, and I'll have someone to share my steaks and brautwerst with. So far he hasn't had any discomfort with it, so we hope with it being so late when they came in that it won't be too painful for him.

1 comment:

rick and sharyn mc said...

CONGRATULATIONS Mr. Kyler! We are so excited for you! Just evidence that you are growing up every day!!! I'm glad you will now be able to partake in all our family gatherings, since they're always around food (although you have done really well without teeth so far!)
We are so proud of you little man!
Love you lots!
Aunt Sharyn & Uncle Rick