Wednesday, May 12, 2010

....and then there was one.


Well it's been a fun ride, but like all things it has to come to an end. Tomorrow night, Thursday, May 13, 2010 is the last T-Ball game for this season. It's been a very rocky season, with the main coach flaking out, and me taking over the position of head coach, and trying to get the parents motivated to get their kids to practices (don't get me started on that).

All in all it has been a lot of fun. The kids that have been showing up for Practice have been playing hard and doing well, those that haven't, well let's just say it shows come game time. I've been so proud of Kyler thru all this, he's probably the fastest runner on his team, he hits hard, fields the balls good; there's not much this kid won't try and hasn't accomplished with flying colors. I know I may be a bit biased, but man oh man he sure gives it 110% when he's out there, and that makes me so proud as a father and as a coach.

I'll be sad to see it all come to an end, but I'll be glad to move on to the next sport and look forward to next season when Shaun can play. This fall Kyler is really excited about the opportunity to play Soccer, and next year Shaun will get his chance at T-Ball. I probably won't volunteer to coach again, but I'll sure support them in which ever way the team needs me to, and you can bet your sweet petunia my kids will be at Practice.

Go Little Sluggers!!!

No comments: